Kanaka Bar Indian Band is also known as "T'eqt''aqtn'mux" or "the crossing place people". In the spirit of sharing and transparency, Kanaka Bar has created and is updating this webpage so that all users can have the same information that we have. All visitors are welcome to review our postings, photos, and documents and share what we have shared with their friends and family or use for reference purposes as well.
We will continue to make edits, add new menus, update documents, photos, and information as it is acquired.
Please keep visiting us for more information.
Last updated: June 18th, 2021
Kanaka youth painted this horizon in the picture below on a shipping container in our community.
LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS
What you may have missed in our last updates:
- Update 2021-06-18: Library/Presentation/ Indigenous Economics
- Update 2021-06-18: Job Posting - Youth Worker 4k Library
- Update 2021-06-16: Third Thursday Community Meeting - June - Newsroom/events
- Update 2021-05-21: Job Postings - CEO - Programs and Services, Health Director, Animal Husbandry Intern, Food Engagement Intern, Garden Intern and Kanaka Necessities Store Cashier
- Update 2021-05-13: Library: Summer Plan 2021
- Update 2021-05-13: Library: Community Resilience Plan
- Update 2021-05-13: Library: Community Sustainability, Resiliency and Climate Change
- Update 2021-05-13: Library: Kwoiek Creek Salmon Enhancement Opportunities