CALLING FOR PARTICIPANTS
Training |Mentorship | Access |Networking |Support |Funding
Please fill out the registration form to register.
Entrepreneurs are often drivers of innovation and social change. They help develop communities, create job opportunities and stimulate the economy. There are many more benefits of entrepreneurship and reasons why it is important.
As heard at the Community Resilience Plan Community Engagement sessions in early 2021, entrepreneurship is a top priority for the Crossing Place people. Members expressed the will and need for a network and resources to support those who are interested in pursuing entrepreneurial opportunities. It is in this spirit, we are launching the Reaching Our Potential: Kanaka Bar Band Entrepreneurship Program.
Built upon the entrepreneurship video series released in the summer of 2021, the 2022 program includes:
- 1-day program launch session (Saturday, January 29, 2022)
- 4-week accelerator entrepreneurial training program (February 19 – March 13, 2022)
- Individual business mentorship and development (March-June)*
*only available to Kanaka Bar Band members.
WHERE: The program will be delivered virtually via Zoom due to the ongoing pandemic. (If you need help tuning into the sessions from a location in the community, please indicate this in the registration form.)
The program will start with a launch session on January 29, 2022. The 4-week training will start on February 19. Based on evaluation and via a selection process, participants who successfully complete the 4-week training will advance into individual business mentorship and development scheduled to start in March (only available to Kanaka Bar Band members).
WHO IS THE “REACHING OUR POTENTIAL” PROGRAM FOR?
- Those at the beginning of their entrepreneurial career
- Those considering starting an entrepreneurial career
- Not entirely sure about starting a business right away but would like to learn more about it
- Those interested in growing skills and knowledge around business planning and management
- You want to run your own business
- You want to grow an idea that you have into a functioning and profitable business
- You want to receive the skills and resources you need to build your entrepreneurial career
- You want to fast-track your entrepreneurial career
- You are interested in other entrepreneurs’ journey and learnings
- You want to get the support you need to kickstart your business
- You need access to funding to launch your business