Social Assistance Dates: 2023
***Included with your renewal you MUST have a 30-day bank statement, filled out job search form, and
most recent hydro bill. *
Education and SA office hours: Tuesday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
The Crossing Place
Social Development Worker
Toll Free # 1-844-655-2200
Fax # 250-455-2201
- The Social Development Department provides Social Assistance for the community.
- Follows INAC's SA policy
- Applies for Family Violence monies
- Applies for National Child Benefits
- Applies to other funding agencies when dollars are available.
- Determines Adult Home Care according to INAC policy and IF client wants this help and there is no family member available to help the elder.
- Ensures that all reporting is done on time and sent out to funder.
- Ensures that targeted dollars are spent according to policy and procedure.
- Ensures that each client and their family receive what they are eligible for in order to live a basic standard of living.
- Has cheque requisitions in to bookkeeping in a timely manner in order that each person receive monies available to them.
- Helps clients make work plans and or training.
- Keeps an eye out for various training.
- Helps community members with applications to various funders when needed.
- Plans community events which is within Social Development mandate.
- Attends community events and help with the event when assistance is required.
Assistants help with computer work and other duties as needed.
The Social Develpment Worker attends meetings with the Community Consultant Group in the Lytton area where there is discussion on what and how we may be able to better help community members to move forward and have a better and healthier life style.