Sharing our Story
Having reached this far, our commitment to transparency, sharing our story, our hope and optimism for everyone should be clearly evident. If we have information that is in the public domain already or is not "private and confidential", we do want to share it. Following are the ways we engage and communicate with our membership and external stakeholders:
- Webpage: This webpage is an integral part of Kanaka Bar's communication strategy for people living within and outside our Traditional Territory. Please feel free to send us any information you think we can put on our webpage;
- Regular Office Hours: Council and Staff can be contacted in person during regular office hours i.e. Mondays to Fridays between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m;
- General Assembly: Kanaka Bar conducts regular General Assemblies on 3rd Thursdays at 5 p.m. of each month. In these meetings we discuss the progress of Kanaka Bar collectively, upcoming plans and invite guests to speak to specific projects. This provides an amazing opportunity to members to discuss their concerns and issues with Council and Management of Kanaka Bar. At the same time, it allows the Council and Management to reflect and resolve membership concerns in a timely and constructive manner;
- Bulletin Boards: For people who reside on our Traditional Territory, we also put up information on our community's bulletin boards;
- Word of Mouth: Information about our community spreads by word of mouth. This includes family-to-family interactions, unofficial Facebook contacts and telephone calls;
- Special Events: Kanaka posts its special events on the website, bulletin boards and also announces at the community meetings. People are always welcome to join us in these events.
- Emails: Kanaka directly emails both off and on-reserve community members via a main consolidated email distribution list. Information distributed via email includes, but is not limited to, special events, newsletters and general information. Please contact our communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org to update our list with a new or changed email address.
For more information on Kanaka Bar and what we are doing, please feel free to contact us through any of the above channels or get a hold of us by using the contact information below:
2693 Siwash Road,
Kanaka Bar, BC V0K 1Z0
PO Box 610
Lytton, BC V0K 1Z0
Upon written requests, we can also share our community information by mail outs and email. For that to work, we request you to provide us with your current mailing and email address. Only under special circumstances, we can facilitate door-to-door communication for on-reserve members and reminder calls. We are also testing a newsletter to keep our membership up-to-date of activities and plans of the community.
Thank you again for visiting our webpage. We always look forward to your feedback and suggestions!